Sunday, September 30, 2007

I was in Newark yesterday thinking perhaps I was going to go home the next day or maybe the one after that. Nope! Another Captain called in sick and I had to fill his spot - so it was minimum rest at the hotel, then a flight JFK-Liege. The flight went fine - not as quick as usual because I was tired. That seems to make the flight longer for some reason. We arrived in Belgium to clouds and rain. After flying the instrument approach we landed and taxied to our gate. The fresh crew was there to take over and we went to the airport hotel (the downtown one was full).

Because I go off today, the company bought me an airline ticket to Detroit. I leave shortly for the Brussels airport where I'll catch a short KLM flight to Amsterdam (on a Fokker 50) then get on a Northwest A330 for the flight to Detroit. I should be home by dinnertime.

I am looking forward to going home - although I haven't worked a lot in the past few months, this last week has been intense. It has been almost back to back flying often with the minimum rest required before I fly again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home