Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Not much flying lately I'm afraid. I got picked to sit and man the "Union Help Desk" as we're calling it. Basically the company and the union came to an agreement to have a pilot sitting in operations to help solve crew-scheduling issues that may come up. The goal is to provide accurate information to the crewmember about his assignment while acting as a buffer between him and the schedulers. The idea is to make sure no one gets taken advantage of.

Anyway - so that is what I did last month instead of flying. It was nice since I only live 20 minutes from the company's operations center I got to sleep in my bed each night. Nicer than slepping bags to and from the airplane and solving crisises from the other side of the world.

One part of the job that was interesting is that I got to spend some time in the simulator we have observing recurrent training. It was interesting to watch from the back seat and see what the crewmembers did in the sim, both bad and good. I took notes and hope to use them on the line.

Well - time to take the dog for a walk - another advantage of spending time at home!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home