Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New York, NY. I flew in from Adana, Turkey yesterday - a 11 hour and 45 minute flight. Here is a map of the great circle route we took:


We split the trip with another crew, so I slept the first half of the trip, taking over just south of Iceland. At that point, the other crew came back and woke us up for our turn at the wheel. We landed in New York at 8:30am, after leaving Turkey at around 9pm, eastern time. Quite a trip, I'll tell you. Unfortunately, it was almost all at night, so the only portion that was in daylight was over the US, where is was cloudy. Our routing was far north again, actually going over the southern tip of Greenland. One of these days, I hope we do that in the daytime so I can see what it looks like.

Last night I went into the City with my co-pilot and met his cousin for dinner. We took the train into Penn Station then she picked us up and drove down to Hell's Kitchen, an area that has been rejuvenated. Ended up eating at a Brazilian restaurant. All in all - a nice evening if a bit pricey. I never go into the city, so it was worth it for a night out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home